Monday, November 11, 2013

Easy Senior Year is a Daydream



Wow, Senior year in college is much different than Senior year in High School.  After gaining acceptance to Saint Joseph’s University and several other schools as a High School Senior, the schoolwork did not seem to carry the same weight as it previously had.  Fast forward four year to Senior year in college, and the exact opposite is actually true.  So far, the first semester of Senior year has been the most taxing and demanding semester I have ever been through.  Coming into the year, almost any person that you talk to will remind you, yet again, to make the most of your Senior year because it is the last year of the best four years of your life.  I have heard enough people tell me that exact line, but Senior year has not been all fun and games.  My two Senior capstone courses: Business Policy and Marketing Strategy.  These courses have provided an ample amount of schoolwork that have demanded a lot of my attention.  As capstone courses, they have demanded the majority of my time, although my other classes are not cupcakes (Social Media Marketing!).  

Combine this workload with being a student-athlete and I have been quite pressed for time.  Coming into this semester, I did not expect to be spending almost every night in the library.  However, this semester has been the most rewarding semester academically.  I feel that I am absorbing and learning more new and exciting information than ever before.  Part of this has to do with the fact that 3 of my 5 classes are business courses, as I have completed most of my general requirements.  By your Senior year, you are mostly interested in taking classes that pertain to your major or field of interest.  This semester has made me prioritize and make great use of my time.  These skills will certainly help me in the long run, as I look to apply for a job and move in the real world.  Yes, the real world.  Amid this extremely busy semester, I have been enjoying the work and some of my last days in college.  Looking forward to next semester….

No comments:

Post a Comment