Tuesday, December 3, 2013

When does my Smartphone addiction kick in?

I think I was one of the last people to upgrade to a smartphone, but I have officially made the switch to the dark side.  I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S4 through a Black Friday deal that offered the new phone for free.  I actually purchased the phone on Saturday, but still waited for two hours.  The wait was definitely well worth it.  Practically, this phone will allow me to more frequently check email and respond in a more timely manner than before.  Also, working in group projects has been difficult because of my previous inability to participate in group text message threads.  Often times, I would be left out of the loop of my group which was frustrating for both parties involved.  

Consuming information has become much easier on a smartphone.  There is one less barrier to accessing information online with a 4G network that you carry with you in your pocket.  The Galaxy has a very fast processor for a smartphone which makes browsing the internet easy.  I would say that the biggest differentiation between an Android phone and an iPhone is the ability to store music in the cloud with Google Play.  You are able to upload your iTunes music library to the cloud with Google Play so that your music does not take up memory on your phone.  Most of my friends have trouble with memory on their iPhones because of their large music libraries.  The Google Play Store, ala the iTunes store is very comprable in selection in price.

Overall, I feel that having a smartphone will increase my ability to keep up with emails and news.  Hopefully I am able to put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment